We are officially in the second month of the 2017 and as crazy as last month has been. I think that it's time for us to make sure that we are focused on our vision, goals, and purpose more than ever! Also, if you haven't started setting your goals for 2017, don't fret- there's still time!
Here are some quick tips on goal setting.
- Make sure that you set goals that motivate you-Goals are meant to get you to the next level that you're trying to reach. So they should be important to you and your vision, you should want to accomplish them.
- Make sure that your goals are relevant- Your goals should always be relevant to what you're trying to accomplish in life. Whether it is personal, financial, professional make them relevant to your current life and vision.
- Create a deadline- Make sure that your goals have an end date. This will ensure that you get them completed.
- Make sure that your goals are attainable- This goes back to #2. Your goals should be attainable in that you can actually accomplish them.
- Get specific- Make sure that you are as specific as possible when creating your goals. The more specific you are the easier it will be to track and attain.
- Example: Goal - A want to increase my blogs/business social media presence -vs- Specific Goal- I want to increase my blog/business social media presence by 15% among the 18-35-year-old target market by developing a concise social media plan. You see the difference, the more specific the larger the chance you have of accomplishing it.
Now that you set your goals, a really cool way to achieve them is to create a vision board.
A vision board is a visual representation of the vision that you have for your life or purpose that you want to set forth. It can be created physically as in with a posterboard/corkboard or virtually through websites like Pinterest.
Supplies needed: Posterboard and/or corkboard (I got a really great and thick poster board from the Dollar Tree for $1), glue, markers, stickers, magazines, photos.
Here are some tips on how to create a vision board.
- Decide what platform that you want to use. Physical or virtual. If you want to go the virtual route, start researching virtual vision boards to get an idea, as mentioned earlier Pinterest will be a great site for you to start with. For physical boards make sure to save your magazines, newspapers..etc- Save the materials that you want to use to cut out your vision, this is mostly done by using old magazines, newspapers, and things of such.
- Get inspired- Start looking through the mags and newspapers and put a post-it on the pictures, words, and images that stand out to you. These images/ words should be inspiring, bold, words that will activate you to accomplish your vision.
- Cut out and layout your images-Start to lay out your images in the way that you want, add stickers and writing, you can also decide if you want to do a board for the full year or per quarter. This is the part in which you can be as artistic as you want.
- Make it personal- One of the best things that you can do is to make your vision board personal. This is about your vision, so include things that motivate you. Pictures of yourself, your favorite quotes, your goals and things of such. The sky is the limit with what you can do in regards to inspiring yourself
- Have FUN!- Creating your vision board is supposed to be fun and inspiring. For the past couple years, I have attended an intimate vision board party. At the party, we each create our vision boards and discuss what the board means. This was a very fun and creative way to design a board.
If you need more inspiration, check out my video below which goes over my 2017 Vision Board. Also, leave a comment below on your 2017 goals, vision and how things are going.